Magento 2.0 Community and Enterprise Editions are the next generation world’s leading digital commerce platform. The platform is built on open-source technology, both the Community and Enterprise Edition offers online merchants an experience of unparalleled flexibility, control over the look, content and functionality of their online stores. The intuitive Admin features, search engine optimization, powerful marketing and product management tools give the power to create sites that are tailored for the one-of-a-kind business needs. Magento 2.0 platform is robust, scalable and offers secure, stable and customizable solutions for a business to grow.
Checklist before Site Launch
Before launching Magento 2, it is essential to have the necessary system requirements. In addition, there are a few lists of things that you need to check after installation, design, development and testing of your store. This checklist is an assurance that everything has been implemented properly and the store has everything in place before it goes live.
- Store URLs: Verify the store URLS and Admin are correct for live production.
- Security certificates: Install a 100% Signed and Trusted Security Certificate for the domain.
- Store Email Address: Complete all email addresses for sending and receiving notifications. Each field should contain a valid email address.
- Email Templates: Update default email templates to reflect the brand.
- Sales Communication: Ensure the invoices and packing slips contain correct business information about the brand.
Sales & Marketing Settings
- Cart Options: Check the cart configuration settings. Ensure that you have set the minimum order amount here, if there is any.
- Checkout Options: Check this option. If the terms and conditions and guest checkout are implemented, check the settings from here.
- Taxes: Ensure that all taxes are properly configured based on local requirements and business tax rules.
- Shipping Methods: Enable all carriers and shipping methods to be used.
- Payment methods: Activate the payment methods you want to use. Also check the order status settings, accepted currencies, etc.
- Cron: The cron jobs are very useful for scheduling tasks. Ensure all the cron jobs used for processes like email, newsletters, customer alerts, and update currency rates are set up.
Path of Customer Purchase Tour
There is a defined path to purchase, which customers follow when they visit a site. If this path is successfully completed, it leads to customers transforming into conversions. Magento 2.0 can be leveraged to attract customers, engage them to increase average order, build loyalty and advocacy.
A customer’s journey starts with attraction to the site, where they are then engaged. The attempt to increase average order value is done next so that they make a purchase. After purchase, retention methods are applied for loyalty and advocacy. Magento 2.0 Community and Enterprise Edition do that by using different store features leveraged at each stage of their journey. Here’s a brief idea how:
- Home Page: The home page is like the window display of brick and mortar stores. It is the primary landing page, designed in a fashion to entice customers. Most people spend only a few seconds on a page. During these few seconds if you can make an impression, there are chances of conversion. Everything on the home page should aid visitors move toward the next step in the sales process. The idea is to guide their attention in a cohesive flow from a point of interest to another.
- Catalog Page: This page shows products from the catalog in a chosen format. Here any item can be selected, examined and placed directly in the shopping cart. The catalog listing usually has small images and brief descriptions of the products. Here you can add banners, videos and keyword rich content. This initial description of the product gives shoppers the basic idea they need to know about the product. Logged in customers enjoy a personalized shopping experience here.
- Search Results: The search results are for people who use search nearly twice as likely to make a purchase as other shoppers. This is for pre-qualified shoppers. The search bar is located in the upper right corner. The search terms used by shoppers is saved so you see what they are looking for and display specific items to keep them engaged. The suggestions also help strategize accordingly.
- Product Page: This page is to offer detailed information about specific items in the catalog. Here shoppers can read reviews, add product to wish list, share link with friends and place items in the shopping cart. The image used here is of high resolution that also includes a thumbnail gallery. This page can be used to attract, engage and inform customer for the sale.
- Shopping Cart: The shopping cart shows each item selected and then offers a calculated total price for all items. Here shoppers can apply coupons, know about shipping charges and tax. This is also a great place to display trust badge and seals to gain customer trust. This page also allows the option to upload a few items as cross selling tactics.
With the updates in new Magento 2.0, these pages generate effective results. All these pages can be customized as per business and customer requirement to help complete every step of the customer journey. Magento has enabled features to make these pages work wonders for online businesses. The new edition is packed with features that make it very easy to create a search engine friendly website and bring more customers to the site. The open source platform also makes it easy to create customized, engaging site experience. The check out process is streamlined in the new edition to boost conversion rates. With a range of tools and extension, order processing is a cake walk. Magento 2 gives you total control and flexibility over creating and revising campaigns to increase loyalty among customers and bring repeat business.
Why Choose Magento 2.0 Community and Enterprise Edition
The new version of Magento is great to work with. It gives a wonderful user experience to developers, clients and customers equally. There is something new and easy for everyone, so they can enjoy the unparalleled experience of working with or on the platform. Some noteworthy benefits of Magento 2.0 include:
- Improved Modular architecture
- Improved database with enhanced scalability
- Migrations features
- Automated testing and hardware compatibility
- New extensions and testing tools
- API upgrades and full page caching
- Lag free checkout and payment gateways
In addition to all these technical changes, there are several other reasons to make Magento 2.0 a great choice:
- Improved business opportunities and productivity.
- Better performance and scalability.
- Engaging shopping experiences.
- Reduced upgrades, costs and efforts.
- A flexible architecture.
There are several new features implemented and changes made to the existing features to deliver a wonderfully smart open source platform that will benefit the modern ecommerce stores. Though this guide does not tell much about the technical know how’s in the tool, we have linked the detailed guide of both the Community and Enterprise Edition of Magento 2.0 below. Download them for a through feature by feature guide for this tool.
Facts to Tweet
- No code developed for Magento 1.x is directly transferable to Magento 2.
- The availability of over 5000 extensions makes Magento extensible & easily adaptable.
- There have been more than 500,000+ Magento downloads since it was launched in 2008.
- Magento is the most renowned & used eCommerce platforms, with a market share of 31%.
- More than 150,000 online stores run on Magento, including brands like Samsung & Ford.
- The Magento community has over 400 Magento solution partners globally.