When you open an ecommerce site like all e-merchants, you have two ambitions- bring as many visitors as possible to your site to grow your business, and control the cost of generating traffic.
The work of any merchant does not insert. Once visitors reach your side, you still need to win them over, persuade them to buy, generate the margin you need, and earn their, loyalty. Here in this blog we will discuss SEO techniques, which will help you said to bring in visitors from search engines. However, if you want a detailed analysis of SEO techniques, read the white paper from Prestashop below. This blog is a brief analysis of all the major steps one need to know in order to understand the process of bringing online traffic. This is the best SEO guide for online merchants who have less time to read and more time to work.
Firstly is essential to understand what a Keyword actually is? A keyword is defined as a search query the internet user types into a search engine. It is usually made up of one, two or three words that allow the user to qualify the desired results. The keyword is so essential because it helps the merchant to reach Internet user during the purchasing phase. Once the keywords have been entered, the search engine determined which Internet site is most relevant to show to the user. The main objective of any search engine is to make sure that the Internet user is happy. The keywords help search engines to look for relevant solutions and provide satisfactory results to Internet users.
Search engines place the websites with low relevancy of keywords at the bottom of a page. This allows user to neglect those websites, forcing them to lose visitors. It is essential that all your pages actually contain the keywords that Internet users will type in, which will bring your visitors interested in making purchases on your site. As a result, your keyword strategy is the most important component of your natural page rank policy.
Keyword Selection & the Golden Rule
There are 5 golden rules to follow that will help in better keyword selection.
- Draw up an initial list of main products used sell. Use Adwords account and keyword research tool to identify the search terms and 3rd by Internet users.
- Define your initial list of keywords by identifying keywords relevant to making a sale. The goal of this step is to analyze the behavior of Internet users and distinguish between those who are looking for information and those who are looking to buy.
- Avoid overly general keywords, and focus instead on keyword synonymous with purchases. Generalized keywords only very rarely lead to sales. For better and effective is your strategy unit few essential keywords that deliver as much visibility as possible.
- Avoid off topic keywords. It is crucial to avoid adding of topic keyword as it won’t bring useful traffic.
- Avoid local keywords outside your own region. Though it is extremely tempting to target keywords associated with all the major cities, to boost traffic to your site, it is essential to focus only on local keywords.
The homepage of an ecommerce site is crucial for group Google and other search engines; it is a page that will inform search engines about your website content. Therefore, the homepage is a key space for a marketing policy. The page needs to capture your visitors, extol the virtues of your offering and allure people to buy. To make your homepage more attractive and search engine optimized, there are few rules that you can follow. These rules are:
- Ensure that the text content of your homepage has more than just images. Most often it has been seen that the home page of an ecommerce site is filled with the nice images, advertisement, news, latest release and flash. This over emphasizing of products and too much user images can force your visitors to go away from the side. Instead, try using some keyword rich, useful content text to inform customers about the product and services are often.
- Select products that spotlight leading brands. It is important to use the homepage to highlight products that will help you gain a high ranking for strong brands. Among all the cousins of products you offer choose the products that belong to a brand and will build a stronger position on Google. Then select few highly saleable products from those brands and use them on your homepage.
- Use horizontal and vertical navigation. While formatting the homepage people often decide to choose between having a horizontal auto vertical menu. However, there is no need to choose comma as both types of navigation are important and can exist side by side.
- Structuring your home page is important. So pay attention to the H1 tag the structure of H1 tags as they help search engine to categorize your website or ecommerce store. Do not forget to use the H1 tag with keywords.
- Update your homepage only twice or thrice a year. Most people are of the opinion that changing the homepage content of a website several times in a year can improve the ranking of the website on search engines full stop but this is incorrect. There is no need to change the content of the home page for more than twice in a year.
There are several other aspects of Search Engine Optimization for an ecommerce site. The product page the various tags used on the website the design and layout of the website all play a vital role I’m bringing in traffic to the website. To know more about all the other aspects of an e-commerce Search Engine Optimization, read the detailed white paper from Prestashop available from the button below.
Facts to Tweet
- The majority of searches includes 2 or 3 words, 10% contain one word & 30% contain more than 3 words.
- All keywords (90%) should contain at least 2 words.
- Brand pages are vital for e-commerce sites & can reassure visitors about the quality of your offering.
- Description tags should contain between 100 and 155 characters, including spaces.